Sunday, June 14, 2009

Portland at last

As I suspected, air card service was spotty across the top of the western US. Although I often had 5 bars it was usually AT&T EDGE service rather than 3G and was not very fast. And that would come and go. Net result was I didn't try to do much blogging.

Amtrak 27 arrived in Vancouver on time. I chose to get off in Vancouver at the request of my hotel. Although the hotel is in Portland, it's just a few minutes away from the Vancouver Amtrak station and they preferred to pick me up there.

The Red Lion Hotel Jantzen Beach is great, at least what I've seen of it which is my room. Very large room and a humongous bathroom. There's a flat screen, Hi def tv and free wireless internet, a fridge and a microwave. I have a view of the tennis courts and the Columbia river. Also very near the landing flight path of Portland airport but you can't have everything.

Tomorrow we go see the Spruce Goose.